This slightly sweet, slightly nutty salad is a perfect side dish for those warm winter meals. Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
Winter Apple and Cranberry Salad with Orange Ginger Dressing
Makes: 8-10 servings
Time: 20 Minutes
- 8 Cups Assorted lettuces, washed and torn
- 1/2 Gala apple, chopped, skin left on tossed in 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons 100% Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic White Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Powdered Ginger
- Salt and Pepper
Place lettuce in large serving bowl.
Toss apples in lemon juice and place on top of lettuce.
Place pecans, cranberries, and cheese on top of salad and keep cold until serving time.
Orange Ginger Dressing:
Combine the 6 last ingredients in an airtight container. Shake just before serving to mix. Serve on the side in a bowl with a serving spoon.