This is one of our favorites to make in our HHC Cooking Classes. Makes a beautiful Spring or Summer dish. This is a refreshingly light and citrusy-salad that works well as a side or dessert! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
Orange Blueberry and Mint Salad
A refreshingly light and citrusy salad that works well as a side or dessert!
Makes: 1 servings
Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 Large naval orange (peeled, seeded, and sliced into 5 or 6 rounds per orange)
- 2 Strawberries, washed and sliced
- 10 Fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 3 Fresh mint leaves, washed and torn into small pieces to be scattered on top of orange salad
- 2 Tablespoons Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 Pinch Grated orange rind (1/4 tsp)
Wash and dry orange. Grate a bit of orange peel and set aside. Peel orange and slice into 5 or 6 rounds. Place sliced oranges neatly on a plate. Wash and slice strawberries and place on top of oranges. Wash and dry blueberries and arrange on top. Place washed, torn mint leaves on top.
Mix yogurt and orange rind (zest) as a dressing and drizzle or dollop on top of salad, or serve as a dipping sauce on the side.
Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc. as required and served as individual salads or arranged on a large serving platter.