A great way to start using that early summer harvest! This veggie soup is loaded with earthy goodness.Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
Power Veggie Soup
This veggie soup is loaded with earthy goodness.
Makes: 14 servings
Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 4 Stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1 Large Red, Yellow or Orange Pepper, chopped
- 1 28 oz. Can of Garlic and Oregano Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Package of Shredded Green Cabbage
- 6 Cups water
- 6 Cups V-8 Vegetable Juice
- 2 Veggie Bouillon Cubes
- 6-8 Dashes of Tabasco Sauce
- Italian seasoning to taste
In a large pot, saute onion in olive oil until soft.
Add celery and peppers and continue to saute until veggies begin to soften and become aromatic.
Add cabbage, water, and V-8 juice and bring to a low simmer.
Add veggie bouillon cubes and Tabasco sauce and stir until cubes are dissolved.
Season to taste with Italian seasoning.
Dollop of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream in each bowl makes a nice option when serving.
Makes about 14 cups of soup.