Great for summer holiday get-togethers! Pump up the healthy-factor by eating the rainbow of veggies featured in this delicious pasta salad! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
Rainbow Pasta Salad
Eat the rainbow!
Makes: 10 servings
Time: 30-35 Minutes
- 3/4 Cup All Natural Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Dill Weed or Dry Dill Weed to Taste
- 2 Cups Uncooked Whole Wheat Rotini or Tri-Colored Pasta, Pasta Alternative such as Mung Bean, Brown Rice Pasta, Etc.
- 1 1/2 Cup Fresh Cut Broccoli (Small Pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Diced Yellow Bell Pepper (or 1/2 Cup Yellow Squash)
- 1/2 Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Reduced Fat Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Preservative Free Bacon Bits Or Vegetarian Alternative (Optional)
Combine the Ranch dressing, yogurt, dill weed in a large bowl; stir well, and set dressing mixture aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Cool and add the dressing, bell peppers, broccoli, and cheese to dressing mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and chill. Sprinkle with bacon bits before serving.