These Veggie burgers are packed with great flavor and texture! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
Thank you, Danielle Inserra, HHC Certified Instructor for your recipe submission! Danielle’s classes can be found here!
Chickpea Veggie Burger
These Veggie burgers are packed with great flavor and texture!
Makes: 8-10 servings
Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (drained)
- 4 large eggs (or vegan substitute)
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Pinch kosher salt
- Drain chickpeas and add them to a food processor with the eggs. Pulse to combined, we want to see some texture.
- Dice peppers, garlic, add olive oil and veggies to pan, Sauté for about 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add spices to veggies and cook about a minute, until spices are fragrant
- Take Veggies off heat and let cool for a minute, in a large bowl combine Veggies and egg/chickpea mixture.
- Add lemon zest, oats and bread crumbs to the mixture
- Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes, you want the oats and bread crumbs to absorb the liquids
- Form into 8-10 patties
- Grill Patties on a very hot Grill 4 minutes each side
- Optional add cheese and any other toppings