Take a break this weekend and try this hearty ,”one pot” meal. YUM. Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
Hearty Hamburger Soup
Makes: 6-8 servings
Time: 30-35 Minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Organic Ground Beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 Stalk of Celery, diced
- 1/2 Cup Baby Carrots, sliced
- Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes and Oregano (to taste)
- 1/2 Can Roasted Garlic Chopped Tomatoes
- 6-8 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Elbow Macaroni (whole grain works great)
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach or Kale
In a large pot, sauté first 5 ingredients until beef is no longer pink.
If needed, drain off any excess fat.
Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, pepper flakes and dried oregano.
Stir in tomatoes and beef broth and bring pot to simmer.
Stir in the macaroni and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
Add kale and stir until wilted.
Makes 6 – 8 servings.
*You can bump up the beef flavor by adding bouillon if desired.