Fresh green zucchini, garden ripe tomatoes, and a pizza flavored twist make this healthy appetizer delicioso and kid-friendly! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
Zucchini Pizza Poppers
Makes: 36-40 Pieces servings
Time: 40 Minutes
- Non-stick Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 Pound Italian style seasoned ground turkey
- 1 Medium tomato, washed and chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce, jar
- 1/2 Cup seasoned breadcrumbs, can use gluten free
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 Zucchinis, washed and sliced into 1/4″ think rounds
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Place zucchini rounds on baking sheet covered with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
Meanwhile, sauté ground turkey, tomato, and dried spices until turkey is no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in pizza sauce, breadcrumbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
Drop turkey mixture by rounded teaspoonful onto each zucchini round. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake in 350 degree over for 18-20 minutes until zucchini is soft to the touch. Serve warm or at room temperature.
May serve with extra pizza sauce for dipping on the side.
Makes 36-40 pieces.