Let’s face it. We moms may need to get sneaky to get our kids to eat more veggies. Even after his 2nd helping, my son never had a clue. Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
Spaghetti Squash Pie
Makes: 6-8 servings
Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 2 Cups Cooked Spaghetti Squash, patted very dry with paper towel
- 1/2 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cups Diced Preservative Free Organic Kielbasa
- 2 Cups Organic Pasta Sauce, jar
- 1 Cup Reduced-fat Colby/Monterey Jack cheese
Combine layer 1 ingredients and spoon into a greased 9 x 9 baking dish. (Remove as much moisture from squash as possible by drying in paper towels).
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. parsley
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash, patted very dry with paper towel
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbps. butter
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
Saute onion in butter until soft. Remove pan from heat and stir in yogurt until melted and smooth. Spoon over squash mixture.
- 1 cup diced kielbasa
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat Colby/Monterray Jack cheese
Dice kielbasa and mix with pasta sauce. Spoon over yogurt layer.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with dried parsley (optional).