Try this meatless pasta sauce and see if anyone notices it’s vegan. Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
MEATLESS MEAT SAUCE
Try this meatless pasta sauce and see if anyone notices it’s vegan.
Makes: 6-8 (10 sample) servings
Time: 25 minutes
- 1Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2Onion, small, chopped (or frozen for young chefs to avoid tears)
- 3Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3/4Cup Fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1Tomato, chopped
- 112 oz. Package Smart Ground Non-GMO Soy Crumbles
- 1/2Teaspoon Each – Salt and Italian Seasoning
- 1/4Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 24Ounces Organic Marinara Sauce
Heat olive oil in large pan or electric skillet.
Add onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes until soft.
Add mushrooms and tomatoes and stir to combine.
Add Smart Ground and break into crumbled pieces and mix with veggies.
Add salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
Add one jar of 24 oz. marinara sauce and mix well and heat through.
Serve over healthy pasta choice or use in lasagna or other Italian dishes.
*Shirataki veggie noodles show in the picture.