Celebrate spring with this fresh and flavorful pizza featuring sparkling green toppings! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
SPRING GREEN PIZZA
Makes: 1 servings
Time: 30-35 Minutes
- 1 fresh multi-grain pizza dough ball (such as Publix) – divided into 8
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves *
- 1/2Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese *
- 1/3Cup Pine Nuts or Chopped Walnuts *
- 3 Garlic Cloves *
- 1/2Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil *
- Salt and Pepper to taste *
- Whole wheat flour to dust cutting board
- Finely Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Assorted green vegetables: green bell peppers, spinach or arugula, etc
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Make fresh Basil Pesto using the starred (*) ingredients.
In a food processor, pulse first 4 starred ingredients. Slowly add the olive
oil blending into a thick mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Set Pesto aside.
Sprinkle a bit of flour on cutting board. Roll 1/8 of pizza dough to approximately 7″ diameter circle. Spoon basil pesto over dough and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Add fresh green toppings.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
Place pizza on parchment paper lined baking sheet or pizza pan.
Bake pizza approximately 20 minutes until golden brown and the cheese is melted.