Lighten up your tex-mex dinner night with these delicious and easy chicken tacos! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
EASY CHICKEN TACOS
Makes: 10 servings
Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (usually 2 breasts), will be chopping them
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 limes (will be juicing them)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 whole wheat tortillas and or lettuce wraps
- Salsa, guacamole, diced onions, shredded cheese, cilantro, black olives. avocado, shredded lettuce, greek yogurt, sour cream, etc.
1. Chop up the chicken breasts into small 1 inch cubes.
2. Mix together all the spices in a small bowl.
3. Juice the limes and add to spice mixture.
4. Add the chopped chicken to a bowl and or a Ziploc bag.
5. Add the spice and lime juice mixture to the chicken, toss and make sure it’s evenly coated.
6. Heat skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally and until chicken is just cooked through.
7. Once cooked remove the chicken from the heat and let it sit while heating up the tortillas.
8. To warm up tortillas place one tortilla at a time in a skillet over medium heat for about 10 seconds on each side.
9. Serve with favorite toppings. -Salsa, guacamole, diced onions, shredded cheese, cilantro, black olives. avocado, shredded lettuce, greek yogurt, sour cream, etc.
Instructors tip: Make sure to not overcook the chicken so it stays tender, remember it will continue to cook while you warm up the tortillas.