A colorful salad packed with nutrients and a hint acid and touch of sweetness. Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
BALSAMIC BEET SALAD
Makes: 4 (10 samples) servings
Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 head of organic red leaf lettuce
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 Cup oil (grapeseed or EVOO)
- 1 Teaspoon sugar (can be reduced by half if desired)
- 1 Can, shoestring beets (or canned sliced beets cut into thin strips)
- Wash, dry and cut red leaf lettuce into ½” pieces.
- Make the dressing: In a medium-sized bowl add pressed garlic, balsamic vinegar, oil, and sugar together and whisk well. Let sit for about 5 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- Rinse beets to remove excess sodium.
- Top lettuce with beets.
- Toss well.
Recipe Submitted by: Tracey Williams, HHC Certified Instructor and owner Thyme 2 Get Cooking