Every kid loves chicken fingers! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
PARMESAN CHICKEN TENDERS
Makes: 10 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- Olive Oil Spray
- 2.5 Pounds Organic Chicken Tenders, cut into strips
- 3 Large Egg Whites (or 2 large eggs), whipped with
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Cups Coarse Dry Breadcrumbs, Whole Wheat
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Marinara Sauce, heated
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Lightly beat egg whites in a shallow dish. Combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt in a second shallow dish.
Drench tenders in egg whites, and then into prepared breadcrumb mixture.
Bake at 425° for approximately 18 Minutes or until done and no longer pink.
Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.