Meaty and full of flavor. Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
HOMEMADE TURKEY OR BEEF CHEESE BURGERS
Makes: 12 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Pounds Ground Organic Turkey or Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup Finely Diced Onion or 1 tsp. Onion Salt
- 2 Egg Whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley or 1 Tsp. Dry Parsley
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled and min
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese
- 12 Whole Grain Hamburger Buns
- Pounds Fresh toppings (such as tomatoes, lettuce, sliced red onions), optional
In a large bowl, mix ground turkey (or beef), seasoned breadcrumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Form into 12 patties. Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180°F or grill them on a hot grill.
Add cheese and serve on a warm whole grain bun. Add any toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, and sliced red onions if desired.