A hearty Italian favorite made healthier! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
WHOLE WHEAT TURKEY LASAGNA
Makes: 8-10 servings
Time: 2 Hours
- 1 Pound Organic Ground Turkey Breast
- Cooking Spray
- 3/4Cup water
- 1 Jar of Pasta Sauce (26oz., Healthy Choice or other low-sugar option)
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 2 Cups Low Fat Cottage Cheese 1%
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
CupEgg Substitute (or 2 whole eggs)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley or 2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 9 Pre-Boiled Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook the turkey in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
Add water to the pasta sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine 2 cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients (up to pepper) in a bowl.
Spread 1 cup turkey mixture in bottom of 13×9 inch baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over turkey mixture; top with 1 1/2 cups turkey mixture.
Spread half the cheese mixture over turkey mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the remaining turkey mixture. Cover and back at 350° for 1 hour.
Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.