A creative way to make yummy brownies healthier and not to mention adorable! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
BLACK BEAN BROWNIES – (BATS AND CATS)
Makes: 10-12 servings
Time: 30-40 Minutes
- 1 15 oz. black beans (can)
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/8 Cup Coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8” x 8” square baking pan with nonstick spray.
3. Place ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Pour into greased pan and bake 28-30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool.
7. Cut into squares and decorate each square with googly candy eyes – (Wilson) -available in Michael’s stores and other craft stores – or use cookie cutters in the shapes of bats, cats, pumpkins, etc. Decorate the shapes with googly eyes.