Who knew zombies tasted so good! This will be the center piece of your next Halloween party. Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
CHEESE BALL ZOMBIE BRAIN
Makes: 10 servings
Time: 15-20 Minutes
- 2 (8 oz. pkg of cream cheese), room temperature
- 2 Cups shredded white cheese (such as sharp cheddar, Monterrey, or mozzarella)
- Natural Green food coloring
- Dried cranberries (or dried cherries), purple grapes, and googly candy eyes – (Wilson) – available in Michael’s stores and other craft stores
- Honey With Pour Spout
- Raw veggies and/or
1. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and shredded cheese with a large spoon.
2. When mixed, add natural green food coloring until desired color is met.
3. Form cheese into a brain shape (football shape)
4. Decorate the cheese with dried cranberries or cherries to form veins.
5. Place 2 dark purple grapes in cheese to set the eyes.
6. Place a drop of honey on each of two googly eyes and place in the center of each grape.
7. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
8. Serve with raw cut veggies and/or whole grain crackers.
*Dairy products may be substituted for plant-based products.