Here’s a super easy and simple (2-3 ingredients only!) Cheesy Jack-O-Lantern Quesadilla. A healthy no sugar Halloween snack that’s fun to make. Get your kids to “carve” out faces into their own tortilla using a paring knife or kitchen scissors. There are also try pumpkin-shaped cookie cutters instead.
Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
EASY CHEESY JACK-O-LANTERN QUESADILLA
Makes: 1 servings
Time: 10-15 mins
- 2 Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Refried Beans (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Stack 2 flour tortillas on top of each other. Use a kitchen knife to cut out a pumpkin “stem” from them or use a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter an press on.
3. Set one of the flour tortillas aside. Cut a face out from the middle of one of the tortillas. You can plan your face by scratching out the shapes with a toothpick first before you cut, or press on round or triangle shaped cookie cutter.
4. Set the tortilla without a face on a baking sheet. Cover it with refried bean and top it with shredded cheese or just cheese.
5. Add the other flour tortilla on top of the cheese, making sure the stems line up.
6. Bake in the oven at 350F for about 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges start to turn golden.
7. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.