You will not convince your family that these are healthy, vegan, gluten-free, blondies! So good!!
Makes: 12-15 servings
Time: 30-45 Minutes
- 1 15 Oz. Can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Cup all natural almond butter (or sun butter or peanut butter)
- 1/3 Cup honey or pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg (if vegan, use 1Tbsp of Ground Flax plus 3 Tbsp of water)
- 1/3 Cup plus 2 tablespoons vegan (or regular) chocolate chips
- Sea Salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown.
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on a rack.
- Sprinkle with small amount of sea salt then cut into squares.
*Let the kids experiment with flavors and textures by adding nuts, dried fruit, or other types of chocolate to batter in step 3 above. ENJOY!!!