A delicious Gluten-Free, Pumpkin Cookie! Great for that holiday cookie exchange.
These are so cute decorated as Rudolph or a candy cane!
Makes: Varies (10 sample) servings
Time: 60-70 Minutes
- 2 1/2 Cup almond flour or GF baking mix (such as Pamela’s)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Stick Butter, melted
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin, canned
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Assorted Toppings for Decorating: dried cranberries, chocolate chips, pretzels, white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Chocolate, Melted
- Spray baking sheets with oil or place parchment paper on top.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter and coconut sugar. Stir in pumpkin mix and vanilla. Next blend in flour mixture.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F while dough is chilling.
- Roll dough into 3/4-1″ balls. Place on baking sheet and gently flatten with palm of the hand. Make into round or oval shapes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
*For Rudolph Shape: Remove from oven and immediately place eyes and nose for Rudolph. Press 2 pretzels at top of head to make indents for antlers. After cookies have cooled, secure pretzels with a dab of melted chocolate.
*For Candy Cane Shape: Steps 1 – 4 are the same. Then roll dough on a floured cutting board to about 1/2″ thick. Cut out candy cane shapes and place on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately place white chocolate chips in diagonal lines. Once all chips are placed, use a small knife to carefully smooth out chips into a line.