Bunless protein powerhouse. Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
Makes: 6-8 servings
Time: 25-30 Minutes
- 2Pounds Ground Chicken Breast
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Cups Water Chestnuts, chopped fine
- 2 Cups Mushrooms, chopped finely
- 1/2 Onion, chopped finely
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic or two garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Powdered Ginger
- Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray. Brown the chicken breast over medium-low heat until no longer pink. Remove chicken temporarily to a bowl. Saute the water chestnuts, mushrooms, onions, and garlic until soft and fragrant. Add the chicken back to the pan, and stir to combine.
Meanwhile, blend stir-fry sauce ingredients (soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger) in a bowl or glass measuring cup. Pour over chicken mixture and stir while bringing to a light boil. The sauce will thicken quickly. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Serve wrapped in Romaine lettuce leaves.