- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 3/4 cup diced sweet onion such as vidalia
- 1 15 oz. can of white navy beans
- 1 15 oz. can of corn
- 1 whole potato, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 8 oz. of whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cream (half and half)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Place whole chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot (at least a 4 quart size crock pot) and set to low heat.
Sprinkle chicken with garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, chili powder, and paprika.
Add onions, beans, corn, potato, and carrots.
Add chicken broth and stir to mix the ingredients. It will be very liquid.
Cook for 6 to 7 hours or until chicken becomes very tender.
Remove chicken breasts and pull apart with fork and knife and add back the shredded chicken.
Stir in the cream cheese and cream.
Heat until lightly boiling or thickened.
If sauce is not thick enough, mix cornstarch with water until smooth and slowly stir into the mixture.
Serve with hot bread sticks and fresh green salad.