Kids love this chili! Try this healthy recipe and visit Healthy Hands Cooking to learn about our instructor opportunity and healthy cooking classes.
BEST KIDS CHILI EVER
Makes: 8-10 servings
Time: 60 Minutes
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, pressed
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef (93/7) OR Ground Organic Turkey
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Small Can Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 1 24 oz. Italian Garden Spaghetti Sauce
All NaturalPreservative Free All Beef We iners, sliced thinly (Oscar Mayer for example)
- 1 8 oz. Package of Fresh Whole Wheat 3 Cheese Tortellini
- Teaspoons Optional Topping: Shredded Cheese
Heat oil in pan and saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent. Transfer to a bowl. In same pan, brown the beef, chili powder, cumin powder and pepper. When no longer pink, fold in onion and garlic. Transfer to pot.
Add the baked beans, spaghetti sauce, and thinly sliced wieners. Simmer over low heat for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding water if necessary to thin the sauce until wieners are slightly plump.
Add the tortellini and gently fold with a large spoon. Allow totellini to cook and soften about 8-10 minutes.
Serve in a bowl and top with shredded cheddar cheese.